All the oral presentations are performed based on pre-recorded videos or live, with high preference for pre-recorded videos. The live presentation option should be csomhosen with your own risk only when (1) you have enough bandwidth in your internet connection, and (2) you are already familiar with Zoom and its screensharing.
Speakers should upload their video files (10-13 minutes) through the system by September 24, 2021.
Please prepare your video according to the following:
- FORMAT: mp4
- DURATION: 10-13 minutes, so as to leave at least 2 minutes for questions
- SIZE: no more than 150MB (hard limits)
- ASPECT RATIO: 16:9
When you produce your video, please keep the following in mind:
- Be sure that the movement of your laser point (that is, the movement of your mouse cursor) is recorded. Sometimes, even if you move your mouse, it is not recorded.
- It is highly recommended that the presenter’s face be also recorded in the video. However, when doing so, please make sure that the camera video does not hide the slides.
- Select an appropriate microphone and room/office for optimizing your recording audio quality (you may google “best way to record a video lecture” for suggestions to minimize reverb and echo).
- Be sure to check the volume level of your video.
- Open a timer on your second screen or on your smartphone to keep track of the elapsed time.
- Most of all, it is important to perform a few tests before recording your final version.
- For conversion of your video to reduce the size or the format, you may use is free multi-platform software such as HandBrake (https://handbrake.fr/).
While there are many different options for recording your videos, an effective recording tool is embedded in the Zoom platform (the one that will be used for the conference sessions). It suffices to create a meeting where the speaker is the only participant, share the screen (the slides) and activate the camera of your laptop so that the speaker’s face is visible. Then through the “Record” button you can easily generate your video. In doing so, make sure you share the whole screen to avoid having trouble with the aspect ratio of your recording.
Where to upload your video?
The link for the submission system is http://sigongji.iccas.org/program/submission/submission.asp.
Step 1: Log-in the submission system using your ID/PW that was used for your registration of ICCAS 2021.
Step 2: Find “Submission” and click the orange button “Submission/Modification”:
Step 3: Now, you’re on the page for upload. Please ignore “Poster Image File”, which is for poster presenters.
Step 4: If the submission is successful, then the system shows: (again, ignore poster file for oral sessions)
If you need assistance, then please e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.