★★★★★ First 5 Star Hotel in Jeju
Located only five minutes away from Jeju International Airport and Jeju Port,
Ramada Plaza Jeju gives you a unique experience as if you are in a cruise ship on the ocean. (http://www.ramadajeju.co.kr/ENG/)
Address: Ramada Plaza Jeju, 66 Tapdong-ro, Jeju-si, Jeju Island I TEL. +82-64-729-8100
Ramada Plaza Jeju has been founded and financed by the Korean Teachers Credit Union under a franchise agreement with Ramada International as the highest grade hotel “Ramada Plaza”.
Designed after the Northern European cruise ship SILJA LINE, this resort-type business hotel opened on July 1 2003 with 400 rooms and suites in a building with 9 floors above ground and 1 underground floor.
Korea’s only Free International City, Hub of Northeast Asia, and Island of Natural Wonders
|Location||Hub of Northeast Asia close to major cities in Korea, China, Taiwan, and Japan|
|Highest Point||Mt. Halla 1950m|
|Population||Approx. 630,000 (as of Oct. 2016)|
|Climate & Weather||Subtropical climate with four distinct seasons, and small differences in the annual and daily temperatures|
|Average Annual Temperature||Jeju 15.5℃ / Seogwipo 16.2℃|
|Average Annual Rainfall||Jeju 1456.9mm / Seogwipo 1850.8mm|
|Visa||All visitors to Jeju may stay up to 30 days without visa (except for 11 countries)|
- The largest island of Korea
- The only special self-governing province of South Korea
- The only free international city of South Korea
- The southernmost region of Korea
- A world-renowned volcanic island
- Important hub that connects continental nations (China) to island nations (Japan and Southeast Asia)
- An island with magnificent view of Nature
- Treasure Island of the World, International Resort & Tourist Destination
- Selected as the new 7 wonders of nature (Nov. 11, 2011)
- Only place in the world that has been certified by UNESCO Triple Crown in Natural Science: Biosphere Reserves (Dec. 2002), World Natural Heritage (Jun. 2007), World Geological Park (Oct. 2010)
- One of the safest cities in the world
- Designated by WHO (World Health Organization) as an international safe city (2012, 2007)
- Convenient location with no visa or tax requirements
- No visa entry and 30-day stay for 187 countries including China
|Tucked away in northeast Asia, Korea is a nation that boasts a fast growing economy and a lifestyle that brings together the old and the new.
Once known simply as a quiet nation in the East, the peninsula now hardly sleeps as it pulsates with life and commerce.
Despite all such enthusiasm for modernization and globalization, Koreans still greatly value their 5,000 years of history and the Confucian philosophy that has governed the lives of their ancestors.